Asriel - Moderator Applicaton - STEAM_0:1:35175399

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Etheo Boxxman, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etheo Boxxman

Etheo Boxxman Member

Re-posting with the new format as requested by slimy.

In-Game Name: [IM] Asriel Dreemurr

Steam32ID [STEAM_0:0:XXXXXXX Format]:
    STEAM_0:1:35175399

Age and Date Of Birth:
    [mm/dd/yyyy] 06/19/1998

Do you have any previous staff experience? What did you handle during this experience?:
    Ive a total of three years staffing experience. I started off on a TTT server, carbonite gaming TTT, and was a trial admin before the server shut down due to the owners getting bored of it, and I migrated over to superior servers where I spent a year as moderator then administrator, I became staff immediately upon the owner, penguin, noticed me on the first server they had, zombieRP, because he knew me and pretty much all of the staff from carbonite. At the end of the year, the amount of servers that was gained from a community merge called for a manager, so the owner and developer, penguin would be able to bugfix and code and not be assed to deal with the petty things such as donations and staff management. This caused the rongate, which I left because of, permanently. After that I migrated to openRP for about five months, as I donated five times a monthly membership, and eventually was asked by the co owner if I wanted to be a moderator, I accepted, and I spent a few more months as moderator before this server too shut down. I migrated to hl2rp, avoided applying for staff on these servers because its a cluster fuck 24/7. I then was made an operator on icemod's hl2rp server, before it went down. I still have the tag.

As for what I handled, I dealt with the usual rulebreakers through using logs and settling incidents that involved accidents or otherwise, informing new users on rule specifics, etc. With superior servers and on, however, there were occasional training sessions, guidelines we were taught to follow on how to deal with sessions.

Examples of which being if someone is accused attemped RDMed on a darkRP server, and accuses the other person of lieing. First we would check damage logs, to see if the initial user shot first, if he did we'd ask him to explain why he did, and if he keeps to his story we would check shot logs, and find that the other user had been freely shooting before he was attacked. The freeshooter would be asked to explain why he was doing so, and to make this shorter, he would either accept he was in the wrong or disconnect, and recieve punishment scaled to whichever was his choice of action at that point.

Please explain in full detail why you believe you should be given a spot on our staff team? [70 Word Minimum]:
    I feel I should be given a spot on the staff team because Im fully capable of maintaining the position, Im familiar with the server rules, and Im capable of performing my duties without bias or abuse. I rarely see staff on as is anymore, so I feel a proper moderator whos a regular would assist the server greatly, instead of the well being of the server relying on votekicks and votebans from regular users.

In your own words, what is the purpose of a staff member? [60 Word Minimum]:
    A staff member is not priviledged, but a volunteer to maintain and guide a server and its community by being a role-model and enforcer of the server rules, though they are more important than a regular user, as without them the server would be subject to occasional anarchy. A member of staff should remain unbiased when performing his duties as a member of staff. Without staff members to enforce the server's rules, they may as well not be any rules at all.

What motivated you to apply now?:
    I was playing on the server, today, and people were talking about how theres only... Four staff members, I believe, and that there needs to be more active members of staff, and I felt I could also suffice as an active member of staff.

Do you to consent to a interview via teamspeak regarding our rules and requirements?: I do.

Do you understand that this a volunteered for and you may be expected to be on for a minimum number of hours each week to keep the rank?:
    I do, yes.

2. Etheo Boxxman

Etheo Boxxman Member

As a little bit of extra, I haven't been on in over a week due to being grounded. I should be coming back within the following week.

3. Etheo Boxxman

Etheo Boxxman Member

@slimysnakeuk Could you edit my thread title to [IM] Asriel Dreemurr - Moderator Application - STEAM_0:1:35175399 ?

I re-checked the requirements for posting an app and found I overlooked that detail and I cant edit the title myself, sorry. ^^;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.