1. We have a new discord server! Come join the fun at https://discord.gg/np76JyX

Community Changelog

Discussion in 'Community Info & Announcements' started by Stu, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

I thought we had one of these...

:[fix] Set signature height limit to 5 lines
    :[del] Removed veteran auto promote, and cleared inactive members out of the group. Deserving users will be promoted by a staff member.
    :[fix] Users without permissions previously could see the staff heading at the top of the forum list. I have removed this.
    :[upd] Updated steam integration. This fixed a bug where users steam stats under their avatar would freeze.

:[upd] Locked this :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

:[fix] Fixed database error preventing users from accessing the site. This error has been showing itself every now and then, and I have repaired the issue now. If you get a message about a database error while using the site, please PM me.

3. 1Day2Die

1Day2Die IceMod Deputy
    Staff Member

:[upd] Renamed "IceMod Veterans" to "Respected members"

4. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

:[del]:[fix] Disabled a feature on the site that was causing people to get randomly added to a watchlist and then caused their connection times to be terrible.
    :[new] Added Labels!
    Usage:
    Code:
    [label=<color>]Text here[/label]
    Color is replaced with the color you want it to be (red yellow blue) or a HTML hex code. They look a bit fugly at the moment, I will try to fix them later. You may also get a database error when trying to post a message with a label. Just close the dialog and click again, it should go through fine.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  5. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

:[upd] Optimized the site a bit. I've finally got round to setting up content compression, so pages should load a bit faster now.

:[upd] Now using SendGrid instead of PHPMail to send site emails. This takes a bit of load off the web server.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

Unknown Gamer was awesome enough to donate some addons. Here we go:

:[new] We now have the ability to set up forms in sections such as the staff applications section.
    [​IMG]
    I now know how this works, and I will be playing around with it on the ban appeals forum and the other staff app forums. Pretty cool huh?

:[new] The like system works a bit different. Now we now have a ton of buttons saying why you like it. There is also a dislike button for shitposters.
    [​IMG]

I also have a server list sidebar addon but it is erroring, I'll look into it.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  8. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

:[new] It's bootiful :) [​IMG]
    Added an SSL certificate. If you use internet explorer for some strange reason you may get security warnings, they aren't actually a thing, you can safely ignore them.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

I've temporarily disabled the default SSL redirect because the login issue was happening every time you change a page for some reason. This issue is gonna be the death of me...

If you still wanna visit via SSL, you'll just have to manually put in https:// before the address

10. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

:[fix] Fixed the issue with being logged out every time you refresh the page despite having clicked the "Remember Me" button on sign in. You can also log out again now :p
    :[misc] Re-Enabled SSL

11. 1Day2Die

1Day2Die IceMod Deputy
    Staff Member

:[misc] Re-enabled the rating system. Abuse of the dumb or shit post rating(as happened before) will now have a ban as consequence

USE THE REPORT SYSTEM TO REPORT ANY ABUSE

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

:[new] Populated the spam filter with a f*** ton of data. About 600 disposable email domains, the web server is now blocking headless browsers with the exception of search engine crawlers. I have started work on an algorithm to automatically delete spam emails based on their content.

13. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

I've neglected the site a bit over the past year, I'm going to do some work over the next week or so to put it back together with the aim of making sure the site is ready should a revival be in order, starting with:

:[upd] Added about 50 detection parameters to the spam filter, I let them get out of control a bit
    :[fix] Members cant post in announcements anymore
    :[new] Added a banner to the top of the page with the link to our new discord
    :[misc] Tidied up the Gameserver section
    :[misc] Tidied up the last of the spambot invasion
    :[misc] Put some ****posts where they belong, the ****post shack. I know it doesn't really matter when there's not much going on, I'm just doing a bit of housekeeping.

If you have noticed any issues that I may have not, please make a support ticket.
    More changes and fixes to come over the next week or so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.