1. We have a new discord server! Come join the fun at https://discord.gg/np76JyX

Formal Goodbye

Discussion in 'Member's Lounge' started by Putin, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Putin

Putin Formerly Swaggatron
    Respected Name Changed

Greetings friends for what is certainly the last time,
    I don't really know what I want to say here, it's 6:50 in the morning for me, I figured I would log on my computer to update some drivers and whatnot, when I decided to check in on the forums, and saw the news.
    I do not know who will see this, considering the circumstances, but to you who are reading this, I am sorry this is the last time you will hear from many of us.

While I left IceMod a while back, I still browsed forums and whatnot. Unfortunately, due to the business of school, applying to college, managing social life, AND COMING OUT!! I FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS, I'M BI!! I have not been able to keep up with the community. I logged in today and learned of the server's death. I don't like to call it death but that's what it is. They've been taken down. It breaks my heart. I have had so many fantastic memories with all of you. Even the people I didn't necessarily like, I will definitely miss you. 2016 has been a crap year for sure, this is just extra proof.

I don't want to bore you, so I'll keep this quick.
    Find something else. I've said in a previous post that IceMod is, was, and always will be, the best Gmod server out there.
    I think that still stands, until you make that change. What made IceMod great was the people, so go out to other servers, be yourself, get admin positions, make relationships, do what you do best. While IceMod may be dead, what made it magic is still very much alive. So please, go out and make the Gmod community better. I know there are plenty of us simply not playing Gmod anymore, which is partly what contributed to IceMod's death, but those of you who still do, you can bring your craziness to other servers.
    IceMod won't be back, and that's tough, but it was going to happen eventually.
    But it's time to move on, and I think you can do that, and make whatever server you move to that much better.

-Ben

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.