1. We have a new discord server! Come join the fun at https://discord.gg/np76JyX

Gaming PC Part Selection Guide

Discussion in 'Member's Lounge' started by IceQubed, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceQubed

IceQubed IceMod Founder
    Staff Member Respected

Hi all - I've noticed a lot of posts in the IceMod forums relating to how to build a gaming PC on different budgets! I decided to share a bunch of links and resources that you may find useful if planning to build a PC.

Trying to find suitable parts to fit your budget?
    The Logical Increments guide is always kept up-to-date with fantastic builds for every price point. I'd recommend starting here - each row is definitely compatible. Ask around if you want to make a change to one of the suggested builds and are uncertain if all the parts are compatible.

Unsure of what each part is or does?
    Read through this guide for a great introduction to every PC component.

Want somewhere to store potential builds and compare prices?
    Check out pcpartpicker.com to build up all the parts you are thinking of purchasing into builds. It also has some great featured example builds, and some writeups of recently completed builds members have put together.

Want to ask specific questions on your build?
    The buildapc community on Reddit is very helpful and is full of people who really know what they are doing. Remember to check out their sidebar for more links and help.

Want somebody to do all the thinking for you?
    If you've read through all this and are still confused or lazy, you can post a request on the buildapcforme community on Reddit to have people suggest full builds tailored to your price point and how you're likely to use your PC.

2. WingEater

WingEater Forum cleaner and professional spambotbooter
    Staff Member Respected

Nice, finally a dedicated place for this.^^ I do find it funny that you link to another community, while you have a perfectly fine one here.
    (well they probably know what they're doing better, but who cares about that? xD )

3. RevampedRebel

RevampedRebel Member

Dis needs 3 b stickied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.