IceMod Community Hub Teamspeak

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by RevampedRebel, Sep 18, 2015.

1. RevampedRebel

RevampedRebel Member

The server is going down all the time. Pls nerf.

2. WingEater

WingEater Forum cleaner and professional spambotbooter
    Staff Member Respected

The TS? I thought that one was pretty stable.... :S

3. RevampedRebel

RevampedRebel Member

It goes down constantly and takes forever to come back up. Its down right now, actually.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

This is why shared hosts suck :/

5. leolama

leolama Ex-Staff
    Respected

Down again, rip

6. RevampedRebel

RevampedRebel Member

If need be, I'll look into getting a few extra dollars put together for a private server. Given that I would expect admin privilages if I do contribute.

7. WingEater

Staff Member Respected

Ehm ... How about I contact you about something later today? We might (/do) have a solution about ready.

And getting admin because you contributed? Really? We would have about 40 forum administrators if we did that. But I do get your point. --> Once again, I'll contact you later today.

8. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

Yeah you don't buy admin, especially not for the price of a teamspeak server

9. slimysnakeuk

slimysnakeuk The 'bully'
    Contributor

I see where Revamped is coming from, With the money he'd be contributing he could just go buy his own TS and do it how he wants, giving him admin/ all server owners wouldnt be bad, im pretty sure we got such little power there anyway hence why i have my own.

• Shitpost Shitpost x 1
  10. WingEater

Staff Member Respected

Oh ... I did not mean to sound like: "No you as an important contributor to Icemod should not have admin rights.".
    I meant it as in; "Not liking monetary contribution to application rights." And like I suggested in my Icemod improvements topic I am all for more power for server owners, just not linking power to money, but rather to the acquired position and contribution in effort, e.g. being a server owner or veteran member.

In my opinion it would be great if for example you no longer felt the need to have a separate TS server. I do understand why you would want/ need one though. But then again that's why I said I would contact Revamped later today, in order to get this to a higher plan.

11. RevampedRebel

RevampedRebel Member

I'm saying if we want a joint teamspeak. Not saying just one contribution, but I would put towards the bill every month. I have been talking with my staff and we can get one if we need to. We just need a server that wont go down. When it comes to stuff like teamspeak, I would like to have a bit of control over moving people. I already got one member saying he could do it and just get my own. But at the same time, I dont want to make mine private for a single server. The hub ts is where all the IM server players are supposed to be able to mingle, hard to do that when the server is constantly down. It is a case of I would love to help make the hub better, but its easy enough to just flat out get my own. Whatever y'all want.

12. slimysnakeuk

slimysnakeuk The 'bully'
    Contributor

Quick question revamped, you arnt supposed to use your mics ingame right? , why have a teamspeak sorta as the main talking? - Like arnt you gunna use it for ooc things? - it seems like a huge metagame thing to me, which it is. I guess you'd say the same about ghosting in TTT or so, but its a wee bit less extreme compared.

• Shitpost Shitpost x 1
  13. RevampedRebel

RevampedRebel Member

Voice is disabled in 9/10 CW servers. Its really nice when you're doing staff stuff, given that its a bit more complex than TTT staffing. RDM isnt much of a thing, and ghosting is pretty much breaking NLR in sense. When youre guiding events and other various non-sense, its great to have voice for quicker collaboration. Its also cool to just have it there. Regardless, Wolverine and I got our own and I just got it set up.

In regards to my teamspeak, it is slightly bigger than both the hub and slimy's. I welcome anyone from any server to join us. If you want some accomadations such as a channel for your gamemode, feel free to ask. I honestly dont mind it at all.

Just gonna leave this here: IceModHL2.ts-ip.com

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  14. leolama

leolama Ex-Staff
    Respected

If there's a talk channel, an afk channel and a dota 2 channel I'll be a regular<3

Private channels would also be nice wink wink

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Frostbite

Frostbite Respected
    Respected

Bigger than slimys for a smaller playerbase?
    Money waste cough

16. WingEater

Staff Member Respected

But the most important question is, why is the Icemod TS down? Isn't any host, shared or not, supposed to have something like a 99% uptime?

And instead of going out of your way to get your own, why not help get something good for Icemod?

• Like Like x 1
  17. RevampedRebel

RevampedRebel Member

I only pay $4 for it askirng with wolf. Why not? That and I did invite everyone over. I don't mind it. How is making another sever not helping IceMod?

18. Stu

Stu IceMod Technician
    Staff Member

That's what I thought. This is why I hate shared hosts.

19. WingEater

Staff Member Respected

When I read my message back I realise that the last part might have been a bit rash... Sorry about that. Meant it in a different way.

I am glad to see that you're going out improving the community. ^^ My question was why people just don't go to Ice like "Hey the TS is down, can we get a different host?" or "Hey I need something to host this or that, can we do something about that?". Nothing 'wrong' with your way, just curious why the solutions tend to go 'around' Icemod.

20. 1Day2Die

1Day2Die IceMod Deputy
    Staff Member

lol my paypal was blocked and i wasnt able to pay for the server.
    Now that every server somehow and for whatever reason has its own Teamspeak i dont see a need for me to waste my money anyway. Noone of the IM community joined anyway except for cake who was afk 24/7 lol