New level based loadout system

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Frostbite, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frostbite

Frostbite Respected
    Respected

Due to the rapid increase in popularity followed by slow stagnant decline when testing ideas I went scouring other popular TTT servers for ideas, and what is clear that the server lacks, is an incentive to continue playing. Sure, building up money to purchase things in the shop, but that can be done relatively quickly as I myself gained 90k with very limited knowledge of tictactoe and winning event rounds. What is clear that we need (and has already been worked on as part of server 2.0) is an EXP based system, giving players a solid reason to play for longer on the server, this EXP would be given at the end of each round only and according to their achievements such as killing innocents as a traitor or vice versa. EXP and levels alone is not enough, restricting items behind level walls is necessary to provide players a reason to continue playing. Loadout weapons are very popular due to the necessity of having one on maps with default weapons or little weapons to spare. Locking the more powerful loadout weapons behind higher levels requires the user to play longer to have an advantage in the game, while still giving contributors slight benefits they have paid for. Reducing the icechip costs of the weapons locked would be required, as increasing the effort with less reward would be detrimental to players, for current players they should be able to keep the weapons they have equipped. This happens with weapons that become contributor after a player has bought them, and they can continue to use the weapons.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Micheal J Caboose

Micheal J Caboose Hail Hydra

I feel Like this could do a lot to keep people on the server. +support

3. SeeTheEnd

SeeTheEnd I'm a boop yeah.

+Support This is a great idea. but if this does indeed happen, would there be a system in which to see and keep track of how much EXP you've earned over the time you've spent on the server? Such as the scoreboard does with records of kills/icechips/chat spam?

4. Frostbite

Frostbite Respected
    Respected

I imagine it wouldn't be hard for slimy to put the level in the scoreboard, EXP earned could be a leaderboard thing, however I think just showing level makes showing EXP unnecessary

5. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Rotini Retardini

+support Sounds fun.

6. Jittery Jared

Jittery Jared Member

+Support Seems like a good idea and a leaderboard for highest level people would be cool.

7. slimysnakeuk

slimysnakeuk The 'bully'
    Contributor

OKAY LEVEL SYSTEM IS ADDED.
    I have done preparations for loadout work tomorrow, but again ill do that tomorrow,

/locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.