SurpriseGandhi - Moderator Application - STEAM_0:1:57373525

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Gandhi, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandhi

Gandhi Member

In-Game Name: SurpriseGandhi, Gandhi, or any festive variation of such

Steam32ID [STEAM_0:0:XXXXXXX Format]: STEAM_0:1:57373525

Age and Date Of Birth: 16, 10/15/99

How many warns do you have currently?: 17. Two were within 10 seconds of each other because they were from the same event, and more than half of them are from too many song queues

Do you have any previous staff experience? What did you handle during this experience?: Not on any servers really BUT I volunteer at a middle school for an hour a day Monday-Thursday. I also worked at a daycare for two months over the summer. I compare these to TTT because you have to watch a bunch of immature people do dumb things and not realize it. It was hard but in these experiences I found a good balance between kids liking me and kids respecting me. Without the other you are nothing to them.

Please explain in full detail why you believe you should be given a spot on our staff team? [70 Word Minimum]:
    There are very few active staff members on this server at the moment, and I think that needs to be changed. Even though I only came back last week I've already fit myself back into the community. I go on pretty much everyday and I go on several hours a day to the teamspeak. I can for sure bring activity to this server.
    Since I help out with kids 10-13 a lot I have a very high tolerance for immature people. I also (sort of) know how to take and handle reports since I was staff on White Knife (which never got started). I am very familiar with the rules from both before and after I came back. I looked at the rule changes since I left and know them pretty well.

In your own words, what is the purpose of a staff member? [60 Word Minimum]:
    There are a lot of things a staff member needs to do. I think it all boils down to one thing though: keeping the server in line. Handling reports and giving warns are all things done to keep it a TTT server and not a deathmatch server filled with hate speech. Without people giving out warnings there would be so much disrespect. Without people slaying RDMers there wouldn't be Traitors or Innocents there would be people killing people for no reason. This isn't a DM server and it isn't a meeting of horrible people. I think without staff that's all this would be.

What motivated you to apply now?:
    When I came back to this server about a week ago (WEEK AGOOOOO) I noticed there was a severe lack of staff and thats a huge issue. The only staff I've seen on more than twice were Tag and Murdoc. I understand I've come back recently but this server really needs staff and I think I can help.

Do you to consent to a interview via teamspeak regarding our rules and requirements?:
    Of course, I'm on the TS everyday anyway!

Do you understand that this a volunteered for and you may be expected to be on for a minimum number of hours each week to keep the rank?:
    Yes

2. Gandhi

Gandhi Member

Yeah that makes sense. I figured I would post this right after the staff meeting so I could have as much time to play and be watched by staff as possible

3. slimysnakeuk

slimysnakeuk The 'bully'
    Contributor

TBH - You shouldn't even have access to this. Gunna remove yo post. I'm gunna put my support at minus for your past, I have not seen you on recently because I ain't been on but i'm going from that for now.

4. Gandhi

Gandhi Member

Fair point Slimy. I would like to point out though that I've clocked around 12 hours in about a week which isn't THAT much but I would clock more if I was staff because it would be my job and the server rarely has staff

5. Murdoc Niccals

Murdoc Niccals Murdoc "I can't spell my own name" Niccals
    Name Changed

I'd say +Support, he's a decent player, knows how to have fun whilst upholding the rules when staff aren't on, fairly decent guy, and on top of that, despite his reputation, from what I've heard, he seemed to have changed for the better.

-Murdoc

• Like Like x 1
  6. Master Matthew

Support I lack enough reason to think you to act the way a staff member would, but at the same time, I lack reason to think otherwise as well.
    you appear to be indifferent, seldom is it that I see you show newer players rules if they should ask or break them. I feel neither toward or against you for being staff. Best of luck though.

7. [IM] tageste

[IM] tageste Member

I will say NEUTRAL for now and watch you a little bit thro out the next week . My reason to this that you are active and a good lad overall but sometimes you disobey the rules not so much but sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.