The Alonne Glaceon's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by The Alonne Glaceon, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Alonne Glaceon

The Alonne Glaceon Forever Alonne

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:6087791

In-Game Name [the name you play with]: [IM] The Alonne

Do you know and understand the rules?: Yes.

Average time you play per day and when did you start playing with our server? [estimate this]: 2-3 hours, almost never on Sundays. And a few weeks ago, as of updating. I joined the forums last Sunday, however.

Do you use your microphone in-game?: Yes.

Do you have any previous staff experience? What did you handle during this experience?: Yes, and on an RP server enforcing roleplay, non-meta, and people disobeying the rules. Also on a deathrun server enforcing rules, good behavior, and fair play.

Please explain in full detail why you believe you should be given a spot on our staff team? [in 60 or more words]: I want to help this community grow, stay friendly and family-friendly, and make sure everyone has fun. Because if no one has fun, what's the point in playing? When one person isn't having fun, I'll talk to them and make them feel like they have a friend who they can relate to and team up with in rounds. And if there's fights, I'll try to break them up and calm down both sides of the argument.

What motivated you to apply now?: I don't play much else besides TTT and Prophunt in GMod, and this is the only TTT server I go on. There's a lot of times where we have members on but no staff, and in those moments RDMers take the spotlight and go on a spree, and the most anyone can do is ask a staff member/contributor on steam to come on and help with the situation. I want to be there to help stop rulebreakers and make sure everyone is having fun! ^_^

Please name one administrator and a Super Admin or higher: Wheatley the Snowy Owl, slimysnakeuk

Did you get recommended by any staff, if so who?: N/A

Anything else you would like us to know [Optional]: I can lose my temper at times, and get into fights with other players when it may be unnecessary. I'll make sure it won't interfere with staff work, however. Update: I've been working on my anger problems, and this isn't an issue any more.
    Also, if I get accepted:
    *Turns in his chair*
    Rairi (Merc) Framed.png
    "Now then... let's get started."

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  2. IamPIE

IamPIE Member

you never stated when you started playing on the server

3. The Alonne Glaceon

Updated, sir.

4. koganeh

koganeh Member
    Contributor

Being "friends with the guests" isn't a reason we should pick you for staff. We're looking for people who control the server, moderate it, we need staff, not friends. To be blunt.
    Then what? If you get accepted then a picture? What are you trying to say?
    This statement is very naive, especially when considering the following; 1. Gmod is 99% packed with trolls. They don't give 2 shits about you, honestly. 2. The point of TTT is to betray your "friends" 3. You cannot relate to them period, they are anonymous internet trolls, there is no point patronizing a random guest. If you become friends great, but no one likes a suck up.
    If you are accepted, make sure you stick to your word. Going into rage mode on a guest and abusing whatever power you've been trusted with is a surefire ticket to your next promotion. Guest.

In conclusion; You're obviously very naive but I'm going to go with Neutral. I'll let the others decide your fate sir.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Alonne Glaceon

Not just guests, actually mainly the players who either go on the forums, are active on the server, and/or actually want to interact with the community and each other. And staff should monitor and control the server, yes, but why can't they be friendly to the community as well? If staff aren't nice, players will most likely just dislike them and only follow the rules so they don't get banned.
    The picture/drawing is supposed to be me, albeit my virtual self, saying "Now then, let's get started." to be cool. (Get it, cool, IceMod?) I don't know, it just seemed fitting.
    I've been working on my anger issue, and it hasn't been a problem in the server. And the closest I've ever gotten to mad in the server is whenever Monkeyman is rude to me, but I keep calm and ignore his insults towards me, and try to be nice back to him. Never meet anger with anger.
    I thank you for your feedback, and hope to see more staff give me the same or greater amount of feedback themselves.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  6. Rayquizzle

Rayquizzle The Hero Icemod Deserves
    Respected

+support
    He's a good guy, knows his stuff, would work nicely on out staff team!;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheVariedGamer

TheVariedGamer Head Guest

I am gonna stay +/- Neutral on this one because I just haven't played with you enough personally. My opinion is open to change if I can ever get on when you are.

8. The Alonne Glaceon

I'm back on the server, I guess app resumed? (If it was ever on hold due to my hiatus)

9. slimysnakeuk

slimysnakeuk The 'bully'
    Contributor

Delayed whilst you get back to your active habits <3

10. The Alonne Glaceon

Thank ye. I'll be on the server, it had crashed earlier today and I was doing stuff with family/friends (mainly video games... hehehe.)

11. Cm

Cm Aspiring Writer
    Respected Name Changed

+/- Neutral You certainly have what it takes, yet i believe you require some work to be staff material. That being said, if you can prove your worth, for say, you would be a good staff member. Prove me right and I'll probably change this to support.

12. slimysnakeuk

slimysnakeuk The 'bully'
    Contributor

Yo Allone, I'm going to deny this but let you make a new app in 2 weeks.
    Here's what we want to see you improve with:
    • You should try to keep more mature.
    - I need to add more but people don't speak to me :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.