TTT_Rooftops_2016 Removal/Revisal

Discussion in 'Map Requests' started by Master Matthew, Apr 3, 2016.

?

Should this map be revised or removed or kept the same?

1. This map should be revised

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. This map should be removed

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. This map should remain the same.

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!! THIS MAP IS AWESOME, AND EASTER EGGS ARE AMAZING!!!!!

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Master Matthew

TTT_Rooftops_2016 Removal/Revisal
    Okay, before you have a field day with the Dislike and Dumb buttons, please actually read this (or the TL;DR at the end.) and have some actual thought into it. I don't know about you, but someone dismissing crap because of their "emotional attachment" to something is stupid, and arrogant, and wastes everyone's time.
    So how about instead of putting up this disclaimer of "don't crucify me", let me get into the meat of things.

1. Why this map should be Removed or Revised
    So, if any of you have played TTT on Icemod in, Oh, I don't know, The last fucking forever, Then you will know this map is played a lot, and only recently was downplayed due to the removal of the !votemap ulx command for the majority of players. But that is not enough to calm down the excitement and overuse of this map. Rooftops 2016 seems to be on every other time I join, like Dolls used to be, but for a different reason. Rooftops 2016 is on this frequently because of one thing, Because it is the absolute most favourable map for Trouble in Terro-For the Love of... THE EASTER EGGS, WHAT ELSE? My god, if you didn't know this, then you obviously have NOT been playing Icemod TTT Recently or at all. This Map is Over played, and its overplayed for the Wrong Reasons. Never, Never EVER is there a time where I come on and this map is on, where people are playing TTT, Everyone, EVEN THE TRAITORS, are doing the god damn easter eggs. But the major problem, is that due to the fucking amount of delay because of the traitors doing the easter eggs, that we have done COUNTLESS TIMES BY THE WAY. ( I guess our players like to beat their head against the same stone alot, and I guess when it comes to this request, I'll probably be doing a lot of the same.) And this isn't an occasional problem, or a semi-frequent problem, EVERY, SINGLE, ROUND, has this delay, and the only time this stops, is when a player Like me, comes along as a traitor, drops the Tower. (this is where ALL the easter eggs need to start, because of that electric tool, more on that later.) Okay Enough with this wall of text, time for the next thing that needs to be addressed.

2. I Don't hate this map or the easter eggs.
    I hate that everyone, drops fucking everything to do these easter eggs, EVEN AS A TRAITOR. This pisses EVERYONE OFF! Everyone has seen these easter eggs at least once! I know this is short, but nothing more needs to be said here.

3.How to Fix it.
    Well option one, take a step back, and stop doing the FUCKING HEROINE THAT ARE THE EASTER EGGS. Option Two, Remove the eletric thing in the tower, that is pretty much needed for all the god damn easter eggs. This Is TTT, fuck the easter eggs, if theres a weed, pull out the roots, if there are easter eggs, decapitate the chicken. Option three, the last resort, Remove this map. I know this is the least likely result, as Slimy and Neo Poured their Heart and Soul into this map along with many others, but here's the thing, This map is fucking evil, and leaves no survivors.

4.TL;DR
    Rooftops 2016 wastes players times with easter eggs, because the minority that actually want to play ttt/are fucking dead, have to wait for the traitors to take their sweet time, as the delay, and kill once to get out of the delay loop (god damn this loophole makes it worse.). So simply remove the easter eggs or remove the map. Don't Kill me with dislikes, I don't like this map, too bad, plenty of people don't for this reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. Murdoc Niccals

Murdoc Niccals Murdoc "I can't spell my own name" Niccals
    Name Changed

a better idea is adding a rule to the motd that says constantly assisting in easter eggs can be warnable or something, simple solution possibly?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. SV_Trash 1

SV_Trash 1 Member
    Name Changed

I honestly think it should be removed
    It's horribly optimized
    Once I was playing, and rooftops was done and the server switched to dolls, a staff member switched back to rooftops. (It's that overplayed ;-; ) (Double ;-; if you combine ;-; with ) you get ;-;))

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. slimysnakeuk

slimysnakeuk The 'bully'
    Contributor

There is already a rule about delay, and assisting Traitors. Nothing more is needed, if they are constantly doing easter eggs, the T is delaying. - Punish the T and people will be killed normally and the game will be played. There no need a new rule or anything you guys just never enforced delay, that's on you.

BUT.

I will see if the light version of this map came out without the easter eggs, The current creator has stopped map development for gmod totally :c

5. Frostbite

Frostbite Respected
    Respected

Wayyyyyyy too extreme to warn people for doing easter eggs, especially since most of them are limited to 1/3 chance of happening due to thats the spawn chance of the amp. And if the T is doing easter eggs, its just delay. And noo youmenow1 comeback to me babe

6. SV_Trash 1

SV_Trash 1 Member
    Name Changed

do u no wat delay is